Wizard of Legend is a 2D Dungeon Crawler developed by Contingent99, a 2 person dev team from Los Angeles. The posted the game on Kickstarter and it was funded in July 2016. The game is expected to release early 2017 but no release date has been announced.
Wizard of Legend is a fast paced dungeon crawler with rogue-like elements where you assume the role of a powerful wizard intent on overcoming the Chaos Trials to become the next Wizard of Legend.
Exploration of the dungeons is a seamless experience as you travel from one room to the next in search of powerful spells and items to aid you on your quest. All of the dungeon layouts are procedurally generated and are comprised of both randomly generated rooms as well as precrafted experiences. Enemy placement is also handled procedurally and enemies will gain new behaviors and spells of their own as you progress further into the game. In addition, each dungeon contains other would-be allies that will help you on your adventure.
Combat in Wizard of Legend is a blend of rapid movement and magic that involves chaining spells together to defeat enemies while quickly re-positioning to avoid incoming attacks. The use of dashing spells is key in allowing you to control the pace of combat by staying at an optimal range to cast spells at enemies near and far.
- Fast paced spell slinging combat
- A wide number of different spells to discover and master
- Tons of items with unique effects to acquire
- Procedurally generated levels with both random and pre-crafted rooms
- Dynamic bosses and enemies that learn new spells as you play
- Many unlock-able wizards, each with a unique signature spell
- Local co-op and versus modes